All photos on this site are taken by (and hence, owned by) us, unless stated otherwise.
spending the morning with the sweetest of little friends.
1. view from the super expensive trip up the space needle 2. checking out the view with uncle vinny 3. playing football with uncle vinny
4. walks with oma 5 & 6. views from my runs
7. driving with boys in portland 8. fun portland cafes 9. fun art
10. coffee with tess 11. delicious homecooked meals and black coffee 12. beautiful bath baby
13. delicious soup 14 & 15. portland sights
16. home in portland 17. playdoh dates 18. that time when we had a car for a month
19. how we roll 20. babies and puppies 21. home in portland 22. serious scrabble games 23. the best apple juice ever
Mika’s Oma and Grandpa have just left. I pretty much haven’t changed a diaper in a month. The sun is shining and it’s beautifully cold outside and I am feeling super excited for life. Woooohoo!
…and went to the beach.
Rental cars, long runs, pot lucks, crazy hot sun, whole foods market, wedding dress shopping, sandy bums, park visits, new books, the new york times and late nights. Exhausted. Here’s to a week of early nights….
Our lazy, staycation in Seattle over Labour Day weekend.
Seattle is beautiful. The first few photos are from an early morning run to Gasworks Park in Fremont and the light was so gorgeous and breathtaking and the air was so still – I wish I could capture more of it in the photos.
Last weekend we completed task:buy awesome things from the Fremont market and choose items to be delivered from Ikea and last night we finished task:build Ikea furniture which took 2 full evenings of me almost passing out from exhaustion and Ivan getting his DIY on til the wee hours of the morning. I built the drawers, played the music and made tea – Ivan did everything else. And now we have a bed! It feels so.so.so good. Finally.
And so now begins the proper wedding planning. We have a much overdue Save The Date to prepare and some very exciting venues to check out in the next two weeks.
Two random fun facts:
1. I’m reading ‘Cinderella Ate My Daughter‘ by Peggy Orenstein. I have lots to say but will save it for another day.
2. I want to go camping so badly. We’re in Washington and it’s summer and we must go camping. It will happen.