I have this niggling concern for things at the back of my mind. They aren’t pressing or urgent or overwhelmingly concerning, so they stay at the back of my mind until I get an opportunity to act on them or until something changes and I am suddenly overwhelmed.
Recently I had the opportunity to act on a concern. I’d been wanting to give up coffee for a while and what better time to do it than off the back of my sickness leaving Seattle? I was sick anyway, so I knew that the headaches I’d experience would just assimilate into the other awful things I was feeling and the ‘withdrawals’ wouldn’t seem so bad. Perfect.
When I think of giving up coffee, I think of those people who’ve told me not to drink it. Yes, Annaliese, my beautiful shiny white toothed naturopath, I’m looking at you. These non-coffee drinkers with their healthy hair, shiny white teeth, sparkling eyes, perfect skin and calming non-caffeinated energy – are they really onto something? Do they really feel awake and alive and energetic?
I’m on day 8 of no coffee and I feel fine so far. I haven’t even substituted it for something else, I’m like completely coffee and tea free. I have no idea how long I plan on doing this for. Coffee drinkers are addicts. I’m OK with this. I like the club. But I just wanted to see what life was like on the other side for a while. I like knowing that I can do this. It makes me feel in control of my body and my life and when I’m ready to drink coffee again, I will.
Other things of late:
- Mika has perfected the art of climbing down stairs. We never taught her this, so naturally we are amazed.
- It is 35 degrees between 9am and 6pm. It’s a good thing these houses are built like dungeons.
- Did you catch the salad and muffin recipes I posted on Cruz Family Kitchen?
- Did you see that they brought Tupac back from the dead?
- Adele pointed out that this website is the least government-looking government website she’s ever seen. I’d have to agree, it made me pretty happy.
- If you haven’t had your day made awesome by watching Cain’s Arcade yet, please do.
- Wouldn’t this be an awesome job?!
- I can’t wait to watch this documentary. If you’re in Canada, you can watch it on CBC’s website I think.
- I loved this style guide from the Economist.
- I found a delicious use for my buckwheat noodles!