It’s Thursday and I’ve just finished building a website.
Mika and Ivan both have rotten colds, although Mika seems to be handling it a lot better than Ivan.
For all the work, sickness and exercise, there’s nowhere near enough sleeping going on in these parts. I hate how so many people and general life advice tell you to ‘get plenty of sleep’ cause I’m all like ‘where is your 10 month old child who refuses to LET you sleep? Please propose to me a way that I can get more sleep AND calm my insomniac baby AND manage to maintain a peaceful and orderly home. Please someone tell me.’ But they don’t. So I will continue to get by on minimal sleep, operating in hands-down the most sleep deprived state I have ever been in and thank the universe that we have such awesome support and that we’re generally such an awesome couple that neither of us have died from exhaustion…Yet.
And somehow I still can’t help but love making lunch/dinner every night. This one is so super easy and crazy delicious. I call it ‘chicken chili for the sleep deprived’. But no really, try this.
Super Easy Chicken Chili
Adapted from somewhere! But not sure where.
- 2 big onions, chopped really small
- tbsp oil of your choice
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 yellow capsicums, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you’re adventurous)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans chopped tomatos with the juicy goodness
- 2 cans of beans (black, kidney, bayo…any of the above)
- a small can of sweet corn (or some freshly cooked corn kernels)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (unless you’re cooking for Tess)
- Cooked chicken breasts (enough for 4 people) shredded
- Optional for serving: sour cream, avocado, corn tortillas
- Heat oil
- Add onion and garlic. Stir til soft.
- Add capsicums and stir til soft.
- Add spices and salt.
- Add chopped tomatos and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for about 30 mins.
- Add beans, chicken, corn and cilantro.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and corn tortillas.