– I’m training for a half marathon and I’ve caught the bug. Running is so much harder if you haven’t got the bug and it definitely takes a while to catch it. But now I’m up to 11 miles and have managed to stick to my training schedule for the past 7 weeks and most of all i am loving it, so the bug has definitely been caught. I don’t really want to jinx it by talking about it all too much cause really the lack of sleep and the restricted diet i’m on all make for a very ‘bleh’ state most of the time, and I’m worried that the running bug will turn into the sick bug and that will be the end of that. But right now things are going well. I got shiny new shoes for it all and am running a 10k race soon as a warm up. I haven’t done any speed work (and don’t plan on it) this time round – I just want to be under 1:50 for the June race and maybe I’ll put some speed work in over the fall and aim for a better time in November. My last half marathon was 1:41 which I was pretty happy with considering – and maybe one day in the unforeseeable future where sleep isn’t a novelty I’ll have a crack at my PB time of 1:30.
– everyone asks about teo’s skin and my diet and the current state of everything is just URGHHHH. I dunno. I haven’t eaten wheat or corn or nuts in forever now (almost 2 months) but things are still bad and so I have also cut out coconut and things are still bad and so maybe when I thought soy was OK it actually wasn’t? So might cut that out again, but then I’m like ‘is it raspberries? or stone fruits? or maybe should I not eat onions at all?’ and it makes me quite frustrated. His skin is bad and then we put a tiny bit of steroid cream on him and he is great for a week and so i dunno. I just don’t know.
– we have somewhat perfected the diet of no allergens and so I would love to share some of our favorite recipes on here for anyone who might want to cook/bake so everyone can enjoy their food or just whatever. Like anything I suppose, there is an adjustment period to cutting things out but it is really quite amazing how after a while (about 4 weeks i think, maybe more or less) a new routine and new habits can push out old ones. I do miss wheat and corn, but after finding things i can eat instead, it’s really not a big deal.. But yes, I miss almond butter and toast right now more than you could imagine.
– we had SUCH a great weekend and managed to get a free outdoor picnic table in one of those perfect stars-aligning good karma sort of moments. And there isn’t much that makes me happier than mowing lawns, so I did that, worked on my tiny (flourishing) garden and ivan finally put the sand into what was turning into mika’s permanent mud-kitchen (the mud was awesome, but the sand is even better?). We ended the weekend with dinner outside with friends, which is pretty much how we plan to spend the summer.
– and one last thing: despite our glorious weather, i am desperately wishing i could be elsewhere right now. There are times when being away from so many of our closest friends feels like a real life sickness. Facetime and skype are good but not good enough and i long to be lying in bed next to my best friend while she goes through a yucky breakup or bringing food and doing dishes for two of my favorite people in the world who have just had a baby. Urghhhhhh. I wish i could be everywhere at once!