Beautiful Tess arrived on Tuesday and she has decided that our baby will call her ‘Fairy Godmother Tess’ because it gives her an excuse to dress up in fairy dresses and grow rotund in her old age. Inevitably our child will love her almost as much as we do.
I’m now officially overdue by 6 days and even though emails and phones and text messages arrive daily with ‘has baby arrived yet?’, I am feeling surprisingly calm and relaxed about the whole thing. My midwife is currently out of town (at a music festival) and will be gone until Monday afternoon. Thankfully she left me in good hands with a backup midwife called ‘Moon’ (“don’t worry, her parents were hippies“) and if baby arrives today it will be born on a full moon, with a name meaning ‘moon’ (if it’s a girl) and delivered by a woman called Moon. So cool.
So hopefully our little baby enters the world today.
Since Tess arrived we have:
- Baked these glorious Guinness Black & Tan Cupcakes for Ivan’s workplace on St Patrick’s day (they were well received)
- Purchased the perfect nail polish colour (still yet to apply it)
- Written the plot for our bestseller children’s book
- Swam in the pool and bathed in the spa
- Eaten lunch and sipped on coffee with beautiful people
- Re-watched The Business of Being Born
- Played a lot of cribbage
- Solved a lot of crosswords
- Started building this sweet world map
Tess also surprised us with a beautiful baby blanket (that she crocheted) and the most adorable finger puppets (that she made herself). I’ll take pictures soon.
Here are our sweet cupcakes that filled the fridge:
And here are some snaps from a fun evening at the beach
And we’re still just chilling… waiting… finishing our best seller and constructing our world map.